Dr. Jahan Marcu and Andrea Brooks join host Heather Sullivan to talk about the science of cannabis, the troubling development of the Canna Bumps brand, and what it takes to succeed as a legal marijuana delivery company in California. Produced by Shea Gunther.
In this special episode of our sister-podcast Weed Wonks, hosts Jordan Wellington and Andrew Livingston speak with Oregon Congressman Earl Blumenauer, who is scheduled to appear on ‘Marijuana Today’ later this month as a guest. Produced by Shea Gunther.
Photo: Scott Swigart/Flickr
Anne Donahoe and Paul Rosen join host Ben Larson to talk about the ever-growing size and scope of the 4/20 holiday, the progress in Congress on the SAFE Banking Act, and what the tipping point for federal legalization could be. Produced by Shea Gunther.
Jeremy Berke and Natalie Fertig join host Kris Krane to talk about the growing acceptance of adult use marijuana in America, the advancement of cannabis legalization in the states, and the historic and cultural importance of this week’s 4/20 holiday. Produced by Shea Gunther.
• Alabama Medical Marijuana Legalization Bill That Already Passed The Senate Heads To House Floor | Marijuana Moment
• Minnesota Marijuana Legalization Bill Approved By Seventh House Committee | Marijuana Moment
Kris Krane, Mike Liszewski, and Jahan Marcu join host Ben Larson to talk about the legalization of adult use marijuana in New York, the new cannabis coalition formed by Snoop Dogg and billionaire Charles Koch, as well as the rise of Delta-8 THC products. Produced by Shea Gunther.
• Mexico Cannabis Legalization Hits Unexpected Snag in Senate | Bloomberg
First-time guests Amanda Connor and Hannah E. King join host Heather Sullivan to talk about the current state of affairs in Maine and Nevada’s legal cannabis markets as well as the journey they both took to becoming lawyers active in the legal marijuana industry. Produced by Shea Gunther.
Check out Connor & Connor of Las Vegas, Nevada and Hannah King over at DrummondWoodsum of Portland, Maine.
This episode was brought to you by the generous support of our sponsors Curaleaf, Agilent, Cova, Atlantics Farms, and All Kind. Thank you!
• New Mexico Takes First Step On Marijuana Implementation Before Governor Even Signs Legalization Bill | Marijuana Moment
• Illinois breaks monthly recreational cannabis sales mark at $109 million | Marijuana Business Daily
Mike Liszewski and Andrea Brooks join host Kris Krane to talk about the legalization of adult use marijuana in New York state and the recent firing of five staffers for marijuana use by the Biden Administration. Produced by Shea Gunther.
• New Mexico GOP Senator Circulates Draft Marijuana Bill Ahead Of This Week’s Special Session | Marijuana Moment
• North Dakota lawmakers sink recreational marijuana legalization bill | MSN (Politico)
• New York’s Comprehensive Cannabis Legislation Released | Marijuana Moment
Photo: Ann HS./Flickr
Betty Aldworth and Anne Donohoe join host Heather Sullivan to talk about the recent re-introduction of the SAFE Banking Act, the firing of five White House staffers for marijuana use, and some of the issues women face in the legal marijuana industry. Produced by Shea Gunther.
• New Mexico Governor Plans Special Session On Marijuana As Legalization Bill Stalls On Final Stretch | Marijuana Moment
• Same old Joe: Rebuffing staff who smoked pot fits Biden’s MO | MSN (Politico)
Photo: Lindsay Fox/Flickr
Kieran Ringgenberg, Amber Senter, and first-timer Emily Paxhia join host Ben Larson to talk about how various marijuana social equity programs are working, the general lack of investment for Black entrepreneurs, and what is being done (and not done) by celebrities and political leaders to change things for the better. Produced by Shea Gunther.
• Mexico’s Chamber Of Deputies Approves Revised Marijuana Legalization Bill, Sending It Back To Senate | Marijuana Moment
• Virginia Governor Considers Speeding Up Legal Marijuana Timeline | Marijuana Moment
• Noem’s medical marijuana plan scuttled by Senate | Sioux City Journal
Jeremy Berke and first-time-guest Natalie Fertig join host Ben Larson to talk about the Biden Administration’s approach to marijuana policy reform, the difficulties in building quality social equity programs, and the apparent aversion by state lawmakers to allowing for homegrow. Produced by Shea Gunther.
Back with news next week!
Photo: Lindsay Fox/Flickr